Sunday, June 22, 2014

Guilt Free Chocolate

When it comes to chocolate, I'm a bit of a cliche.  I LOVE chocolate and have very little self control when I'm around it. 

I will admit it,  I have been known to sneak away and eat chocolate behind a locked door so I don't have to share with the kids. 

Although, it's hard to enjoy eating it when this happens the second I lock a door
That leads us to today's post.  I can't remember where I first got this recipe, I want to say one of my sisters sent it to me but I'm not sure.

My recipe card calls it DIY Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, but I like to call it Guilt Free Chocolate

Guilt Free Chocolate:
You Will Need:
 1/2 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup  cocoa powder
1/2 cup  almond butter (smooth or chunky)
1/4 cup honey
1/2 teaspoon vanilla

Melt coconut oil.  Mix all ingredients together.  Pour into paper-lined muffin tin cups filling 1/4 the way. Makes 12.   Place in fridge or freezer until hard, about 20 min.   Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator.  


 Only 5 ingredients, and it takes about 5 minutes to make. 

 If you really want to get crazy, add some peanut butter


The Verdict: It depends on your taste buds.  My son hates them, my daughter is indifferent towards them, my husband can eat about half of one then the cocoa powder becomes to bitter for him.  As for me, I have been known to eat all 12 in 24 hours.  

Last week my husband went to the fridge knowing that I had made some that morning.  When he saw that only 2 were left he made a snide remark about me not sharing. Diet starts Monday! 





7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing this quick and delicious recipe. I am a chocolate lover as well. This recipe is so easy to make and I love that it wont have any smell linger on my curtain after baking. No intense kitchen cleaning is needed and that's what I love the recipe the most.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello there!

    Read this basic information about animals and the specific types of food they eat at What do animals eat?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look so yummy. Ill try this too. Thanks for sharing.
    Try to check this too
    DogsNStuff.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. SKT Cleaning services Dubai provides the most reliable and affordable Maid Services in Dubai U.A.E. Our maid unit includes almost all types of Cleaning Services in Dubai i.e Commercial and Residential Cleaning Services.

    ReplyDelete
  6. افضل شركات مصاعد في مصاعد البضائع ، ما يحمل أهمية أكبر من السرعة والراحة هو زيادة قدرة المصعد على حمل الأشياء والأغراض. بشكل عام ، يتم استخدامه في الأماكن التي يكون فيها عمل نقل الأحمال كثير ومكثف ، مثل المستودعات وأماكن التسوق والمختبرات.

    ReplyDelete