Monday, November 11, 2013

Shaving Cream Paint

The weather is turning colder and it's time to start finding some indoor activities.

Shaving Cream Paint
You Will Need:
Shaving cream
Food coloring
Paint brushes

Directions:
Mix shaving cream and food coloring until you get the color you want then let the kids paint away. 

When I was looking at different blogs about this activity the moms I came across were a lot more adventurous then I am.  They were letting their kids use the paint on windows, linoleum floors, and paper.  I wasn't loving the idea of trying to clean up a mess that could potentially would definitely end up all over the house. 

So I stuck the kids the bathtub and let them paint away. 

The Verdict: The kids had a blast and painted for about 30 minutes until the shaving cream was getting crusty and hard to use. 

I had used a muffin tin to mix the shaving cream and food coloring in but I wish I had used different containers for each color.  The kids kept fighting over the the muffin tin and my 2 year old was very quick to mix the colors together which annoyed the 4 year old perfectionist.
The bad news, it stained some of the grout. It wasn't bad and really not that noticeable, but it was stained. 

It took two rounds of bleach gel to get all the stain out, but it did come out. 



 The kids love this so much that I still continue to let them do it,  if I rinse the shaving cream off as soon as they are done then the stains are usually very faint, and it's only with darker colors that leave a stain. 

1 comment:

  1. This was one of the first pins I pinned on Pinterest. I'll have to give it a try now. :)

    ReplyDelete