Thursday, August 15, 2013

Dry Laundry Detergent

It's laundry detergent time again.

A friend told me about this one and I'll tell you right now, it's great! It uses the same ingredients as the basic laundry detergents, but without water.

Dry Laundry Detergent
You Will Need:
1 Cup Borax
1 Cup Washing Soda
1 bar of soap (you can use any soap but Ivory, Dove or Fels-Naptha work the best)

Directions:
Grate your bar of soap with either a cheese grater or food processor.  Mix all the ingredients together. Use 2 Tbsp per load. 

Grating soap by hand is a pain in the.... hand.  If you have any sort of food processor I recommend using it.  You will want to cut up the soap into smaller pieces first.

I threw the ingredients into a container, put on a lid and gave it a good shake to mix it all up.
Note: just in case your confused, the grated soap above is Ivory, the soap I used in the photo below is Fels-Naptha

The Verdict: Like I said early, this is great.  It cleans really well, there is never any residue on my clothes and the best part is it's not goopy like the basic laundry detergent.

I will usually triple the batch and it lasts me several months by using 1-2 Tbsp per load (depending on the load size and the yuckyness of it) It's quick to make and just as quick to clean up after. 

I have used Fels-Naptha and Ivory and didn't notice a difference in cleaning between the two.  

Just as a reminder (or maybe I have yet to mention this and I just think I have) I have a front loading washing machine and a water softener so your results could be different.

Hip Hip Hooray for a good laundry detergent!

4 comments:

  1. Just try to free yourself of the tag when you have a dry cleaning service Singapore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you have a laundry service, do not try to free yourself from the dye. The painting may also be modified or the paint may be discarded. Nevertheless, when the water is pumped into the cloth, blast not but brush. Normally, flushing water or soda is good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://sobersecurity.blogspot.com/2016/04/software-end-of-life-matters.html

    ReplyDelete