Thursday, September 6, 2012

Ice Cream Cake

Is there anything better then an ice cream cake?  Seriously, combing two of the greatest desserts was genius. Good things should be combined, except peanut butter and and jelly in the same jar, those need to stay separate.

Ice cream cakes can get a little pricey though, so for my sons birthday my mom told me about a DIY ice cream cake with just ice cream sandwiches and whip cream.  If your thinking "that isn't a cake and that sounds like it would taste cheap," then you had the same thought process as me. But I trust her judgement so I went with it.


All we did was open enough ice cream sandwiches (we got the cheap store brand kind) to cover the bottom of a cookie sheet.  It took about 20 sandwiches.  Then we spread whip cream over it and put it back into the freezer until it was time to serve. That's it. 

The Verdict: Can I say YUMMY!  I really was surprised at how good this tasted.  I ate way to much, then kept sneaking off to the freezer to eat the left overs.  Hello extra lbs.

Even though it was frozen, it was really easy to cut into squares. The next time I make this I want to add some sort of extract to the whip cream to have different flavors and maybe sprinkle something on top. This is a keeper


1 comment:

  1. Ice-cream cake is my favorite among all. I usually try it 2 to 3 times in a month.

    ReplyDelete